On this week's show with Georgia, Keren and Byte n00b Kent Humphries (we reckon he did ok!) we discussed the following bits and pieces...
- Could Australia’s NBN be blacked out like Egypt and Libya? Unlikely, says the Internet Society of Australia
- iPad 2 out soon in Australia (Apple confirms availability in spite of US shortages), and ViewPad10 Android tablet in-stores in Harvey Norman in Oz
- Amazon launches its ‘Amazon Appstore for Android’ (US only). Apple sues them for using ‘app store’ trademark
- Firefox 4 Released - even more tab manipulations (video overview) with panorama, app tabs! Using download statistics tool we watched it click over 5,000,000 downloads during the show
- Vimeo launched the Vimeo Video School recently, adding an education/training service to its platform. It’s been up for 2-3 months, so it’s now got a bit of momentum and some great tutorials and almost 1000 user-contributed tutorial videos
- Twitter turned five this week. Gizmodo says: Twitter, you are incredible and horrendous
- Facebook is booting 20,000 under-age users OFF every day
- Homophobic Exodus International iPhone app has been removed from the App Store
Check out the podcast for the full experience, including Keren's report on SXSW and a chat with Guy Walshe, a local user interface designer working on awesome games in Melbourne.
As always, we welcome your emails to byteintoit (at) rrr.org.au - get in touch anytime.