- Townsville deemed a ‘smarter city’ and wins $400k grant
- "Linked in Today" launched
- ipad 2
- Internet Explorer 9 launched on Monday, Microsoft says it’s better. Microsoft has also said bye bye to the Zune, says the rumour mill.
- Facebook party hoax has lead to arrest of NSW teen.
- Zynga games (farmville) raises cash for Tsunami & US Military switches off YouTube etc to conserve bandwidth for relief effort.
- E-book loan times reduced from libraries in the US
Dr Steffen P Walz Director, GEElab (Games & Experimental Entertainment Laboratory)
The GEElab will invent new game and entertainment visions, products, services, narratives and business models, whilst critically reflecting the role of games and entertainment in culture and how play, games, and game mechanics can be used to innovate.
At the GEElab, games will be understood as a cross-disciplinary function as well as the engine of entertainment media and Internet innovation. Practice oriented game and entertainment media research will be carried out by the way of cross-medial experimentation and an understanding of science as fiction, and not being afraid to think and design differently and speculatively. GEElab members will investigate how to “gamify“ traditionally non-linear media such as TV, film, radio, developing design strategies, narratives and service prototypes.
- Crowd-sourcing ad content as shown by Poptent.net Should we participate or is it just unpaid work? Poptent
- Path verse Instagram? The case for and against mobile photo sharing.
- Twitter has just told its third party client devs they’re no longer needed.
- .com.au reaches 2 million
- pwn to own results
- Pokemon black and white
- Early in week the Mortal Kombat RC on appeal, but today permanently refused. Government ‘threatened’ to shake-up classifications system.
- PEGI respond to misleading We Dare advertising in Europe
- angry birds doin pretty well for itself!